Finalize and execute a facilities master plan that considers the investment in space necessary to implement the Strategic Vision for 2030.
• Initiative #1: Expand early childhood programs and create an Early Childhood Learning Center to maximize capacity and need in the South Sound for high quality Early Learning programs.
• Initiative #2: Develop and implement strategies to more fully accommodate and utilize the campus, facilities and infrastructure year-round.
• Initiative #3: Explore and implement new opportunities to increase enrollment through ancillary business models, and possible strategic alignment with other schools.
• Initiative #4: Explore and implement strategies to increase the environmental sustainability of the campus.
• Initiative #5: Design, fund, and implement improvements and expansion to athletic facilities and infrastructure to meet evolving needs of those programs.
Create a solid foundation for community engagement and partnerships that enriches learning experiences for students, and also positions Charles Wright Academy as a resource and partner to the broader community.
• Initiative #1: Partner with area colleges, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to further strengthen and grow our program and create enriched and engaging learning opportunities for our students and community.
• Initiative #2: Strengthen relationships with local, regional, state, national, and global organizations to support our commitment to service-learning through service and internships.
• Initiative #3: Engage alumni and parents to be actively involved through sharing their diverse experiences, expertise, and access to opportunities.
• Initiative #4: Strengthen our position as thought leaders in the South Sound by participating in community events, hosting professional development, offering parent education opportunities, and building relationships between community leaders and school leadership.
Foster an engaged and inclusive community by cultivating CWA’s exceptional and committed faculty and staff for the future.
• Initiative #1: Implement innovative teaching methods to engage students in and out of the classroom.
• Initiative #2: Grow and develop our faculty and staff through the following:
- A directed and strategic professional development program.
- A culture of constant self-reflection, growth, and professionalism that always places the student at the center of every decision.
- A collaborative, reflective, meaningful, and regular faculty/staff feedback and evaluation process iv. Leadership roles and opportunities to model, coach, teach, and inspire colleagues, students, families, and community.
• Initiative #3: Integrate and embody Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) standards school-wide, and increase our collective resources and capabilities for support.
• Initiative #4: Live our commitment to caring in our inclusive and diverse community, in order to realize our institutional values of respect and compassion.
Expand the understanding of what active, joyful learning should be in the mid-21st century by developing and supporting an experiential, integrated, and interdisciplinary curriculum and program to enhance the student experience in alignment with and in service of the Tarrier Traits and the Inclusion Statement.
• Initiative #1: Create multiple paths to a CWA diploma that nurture and challenge the learner on their PS-12 journey to develop the character, creativity, and skills they need to navigate the future with confidence.
• Initiative #2: Develop equitable and consistent cultural and global engagement experiences for all students.
• Initiative #3: Integrate distinctive place-based/experiential education into the curriculum.
• Initiative #4: Enhance learning experiences by purposefully and strategically integrating technology and further developing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) programs and curricula.
Build financial sustainability for the School and the next generation of students.
• Initiative #1: Build additional revenue streams to prevent reliance on continued increases in tuition.
• Initiative #2: Design a strategic enrollment plan based on market realities and an understanding of the Charles Wright Academy mission-servable student.
• Initiative #3: Create a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to reintroduce and strengthen our brand in the market.